AFP Peptizyde™ contains three different digestive enzymes isolated from plant sources and has been designed to help the body in breaking down proteins.
AFP Peptizyde™ contains digestive enzymes and has been designed to help the body in breaking down proteins. It is a combination of three different proteolytic enzymes isolated from plant sources.
These enzymes work only on food proteins (including casein, gluten, meat and soy), not carbohydrates, fats, or other compounds, and do not interfere with medications or other supplements (unless they are also proteins, which is extremely unlikely).
The enzymes which are used in this formulation have the ability to withstand the acidic conditions of the stomach; allowing hydrolysis of casein and gluten prior to entrance into the small intestine.
Casein and gluten, in the presence of pancreatic enzymes in the duodenum, can produce exorphin peptides that may be readily absorbed from the intestine (these peptides are not absorbed from the stomach). AFP Peptizyde™ supplements the "normal" hydrolysis of casein, gluten, and other food proteins.
The use of AFP Peptizyde has enabled many families to safely modify the gluten-free, casein-free (GFCF) diet, thus allowing a more varied diet, better nutrition and much less worry and stress from fear of food reactions.
Some individuals have reported that other supplements they were taking, especially vitamin and minerals, had to be decreased. This is because more nutrients are able to be derived from foods when the appropriate enzymes are present.
Please do remember that the benefits seen from AFP Peptizyde™ supplementation will vary from patient to patient and that it can be affected by other supplements and diet.
Some helpful guidelines for using AFP Peptizyde™ as an alternative or supplement to the GFCF diet include:
- Use the enzymes while maintaining the diet for a period of at least 2 months.
- When challenging with foods known to be a problem, use small portions initially with 1 or 2 capsules of AFP Peptizyde™. The intention is to provide more than enough AFP Peptizyde™ to counter the effects of casein/gluten.
- If the challenge was successful, increasing the amount of food given may be attempted, keeping in mind that more AFP Peptizyde™ may be necessary to counter the increased size of the food challenge.
- For occasional use, up to 4 capsules may be given for infractions, any more than that will probably not provide any additional benefit.
Each capsule of AFP Peptizyde™ contains:
- Peptidase (source of DPP IV)......50,000 HUT
- Protease 4.5......................25,000 HUT
- Protease 6.0......................25,000 HUT
- Cellulose, MCT oil, water
- AFP Peptizyde™ is free of gluten, casein, soy, MSG, salicylates, sugar, and artificial colours.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding AFP Peptizyde™, and this product can be purchased directly via our online store.
Please Note: This product is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. This information has been provided by Houston Nutraceuticals. AFP Peptizyde™ is a trademark of Houston Nutraceuticals, Inc.