- This event has passed.
Foundations of NEM (Primary Modules)
March 14 - March 15$1980
The ACNEM ‘Foundations of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (NEM)’ course is the entry-point for GPs and other healthcare professionals wanting to learn about Nutritional and Environmental Medicine. This course is equivalent to two modules and runs over four days. On completion of the pre and post-training activities and quiz, a Certificate of Completion is awarded.
- Foundational training in clinical nutrition
- An introduction to environmental medicine
- Designed for GP’s, registrars, pharmacists, nurses and other graduate healthcare professionals
- Content is delivered by experienced, practising health professionals
- Flexible learning – available in-person, or online
- Ongoing support from highly experienced clinicians via online tutorials
- Provides guidance for medical practitioners looking to integrate their NEM knowledge and skills into practice
- How diet, nutrition and lifestyle choices impact health and disease
- How diet influences inflammatory processes and mental health
- Practical tips including nutritional medicine interpretation of standard pathology with a focus on iron studies
- Clinical resources and tools including patient handouts
- How to order investigations under Medicare, non-Medicare and informed consent
- Confident prescribing of nutrient supplements for common conditions
147 Quay St,
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided. Transport, accommodation and other meals are not included. Attendees are responsible for their own transport, accommodation and additional meal arrangements.