- This event has passed.
Global Weight Management Congress
May 7, 2015 @ 8:00 am - May 9, 2015 @ 6:00 pm$900
This is a “not to be missed” event if you are working with overweight or obese clients. To be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre in May, the 2015 Global Weight Management Congress will bring together practitioners from the vast array of disciplines that make up the international weight management industry.
With the latest research into the epidemiology of obesity, treatments and preventative strategies, the Congress aims to cross-pollinate the multi-disciplinary fields that co-exist within the weight management industry and give practitioners a platform to network, engage and learn from other experts, leading authorities and professors.
This unique event is a milestone in the Global Weight Management Industry and has attracted strong support with a program which includes the following key note speakers:
- A/Professor Anna Peeters (Head, Obesity and Population Health at the Baker Heart & Diabetes Institute and President Australian & New Zealand Obesity Society)
- A/Professor Marina Reeves (Senior Research Fellow funded by National Breast Cancer Foundation, School of Population Health, and Advanced Accredited Practising Dietitian)
- Dr Helena Popovic (Neuroscientist, Medical Doctor, Founder of Winning At Slimming)
As well as former ironman and Australian icon, Guy Leech
Event Vision Statement
The congress aims to encompass best practice methodologies for the promotion of a holistic and multidisciplinary approach to weight loss and weight management delivering the latest research into the epidemiology of obesity, treatments and preventative strategies.
What you will take home with you from this Congress:
- Strong educational content with interactivity
- Knowledge from workshops with hands on and applicable industry content
- Strong contacts with other delegates and industry exhibitors
- Meeting and interacting with like minded people within the industry
- Relevant information from international and national speakers on weight management
- Recognition of attendance.