At Kingsway Compounding we believe that we have a responsibility to positively contribute to the society that we live in.
We understand the impact our environment has on human health. As an organisation that is active in preventative and integrative health, it is only natural that we continuously review, learn and employ practices that reduce toxicity and improve the environment in our society.
What is environmental sustainability?
Environmental sustainability is about putting practices in place that will help to improve the capacity to sustain life on our planet in the most optimal way.
- Sustainability is the ability to meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- Sustainability is the capacity to improve the quality of human life while living within the carrying capacity of the Earth’s supporting ecosystems.
- Sustainability is about stabilising the currently disruptive relationship between earth’s two most complex systems - human culture and the living world.
In today's fast-paced world with complex manufacturing of food and consumer products that are shipped internationally, our society has acquired many toxins that are harmful to human health.
BPA or Bisphenol A is known to be harmful to humans and we ensure our packaging is BPA-free. We work hard to ensure that the raw materials used to make your compounds are as safe as possible.
There are a few practical ways that you can reduce toxins within your body, including:
- Only purchase packaging that is BPA-free
- Eat organic whole foods
- Avoid plastic where possible
- Use only natural household cleaners
- Remove processed food from your diet
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco and recreational drugs
- Only use pharmaceutical drugs when required and source the highest quality pharmaceuticals.
- Reduce stress
- Investigate food sensitivities and allergies
- Focus on gut health
- Get adequate sleep
Some ways in which we are doing our part ...
At Kingsway Compounding we see the benefits of being a business that invests in environmental sustainable practices within Australia.
Did you know...
- All the packaging we use for your compounded medicines is BPA-free.
- All our laboratories run on solar energy via 80 solar panels, which we had installed over five years ago.
- We only use recycled paper and LED lighting throughout the building.
- All our cleaning products are eco-friendly, minimising the toxic burden on the environment and all our compounded medicines.
- We are strong supporters of recycling and do so where possible.
- We encourage you to always recycle your empty compound containers.